Tournament Format & Rules
All play will be conducted under USGA Rules and applicable local rules under the direction of the City Tournament Committee.
- Qualifying Round – 18 holes stroke play – for all but exempt entrants.* A tie for the last qualifier’s place will be decided by a hole-by-hole playoff to start 15 minutes after completion of the qualifying round. *Exemptions – The low 100 players, plus ties, from the previous year’s tournament will be exempt from qualifying. In the event a full field of 100 exemptions is not filled, places will be added to the qualifying round to create a field of 150 players. There will be no alternates.
- The number of competitors in the qualifying round will determine the number of qualifying sites. If more than one qualifying site is used, tournament berths will be split proportionally between the primary site, Fendrich Golf Course and the overflow site, Helfrich Hills Golf Course. Course assignments will be made by blind draw.
- The championship shall be contested over 72 holes unless shortened by weather or unforeseen conditions. The low 40 scorers and ties, or any player within 10 shots of the leader after 36 holes, will qualify for the final 36 holes. In the event one of the first two rounds is canceled because of weather or other circumstances, the low 40 scorers and any player within five shots of the leader will advance to the final two rounds.
Code of Conduct
Golf Cart Request
- Entry fee includes green fees.
- Players must not ride on any form of transportation during a stipulated round unless authorized by the Committee. Penalty: two strokes for each hole at which any breach occurred; maximum per round: four strokes. Use of any unauthorized form of transportation must be discontinued immediately upon discovery. Otherwise, the player is disqualified.
- During the competition, a player may obtain distance information by use of a distance-measuring device. If during a stipulated round, a player uses a distance-measuring device to gauge or measure other conditions that might affect his play (e.g., elevation changes, wind speed, etc.), the player is in breach of Rule 14-3.
- In the event a second qualifying course is used, course assignments will be made by blind draw when necessary. No player is guaranteed his choice of course.
- If one of the final two rounds is rained out or canceled, the Tournament Committee will decide what course of action to follow.
- In the event of a tie, the championship will be decided in a hole-by-hole sudden-death playoff, beginning on the hole designated by the Tournament Committee.
- All contestants are required to wear proper attire. Cut-offs and tank tops are expressly prohibited. Penalty: disqualification.
- All contestants and their caddies are prohibited from possessing or consuming alcoholic beverages during the stipulated round. Penalty: disqualification.
- All contestants are expected to play without undue delay and to complete each 18-hole round within 4 1/2 hours. Penalties for violations during a stipulated round: first offense, warning; second offense, one stroke; third offense, additional two strokes; subsequent offense, disqualification.
- Tournament Committee may use its discretion as to proof of residency.
- For players making the final two rounds, a practice round at the courses in play may be arranged by calling the pro shops. These are usually held on designated dates that will be publicized on the tournament website.
- The champion and runner-up will receive trophies. In the event of ties for second, all runners-up will receive trophies. Other Top 10 finishers will receive plaques. Players shooting low rounds at the courses in play will receive mementos.
- The competition will be deemed to have closed when the championship trophy has been awarded.
- Requests for pairings or preferred starting times in the qualifying or tournament rounds will not be honored.
- The City Tournament Committee will make the final determination on any unusual or unforeseen occurrence both before and during the tournament.
Code of Conduct
Golf Cart Request